This rich sweet MSC delight(Milk, sugar, Coconut, Cashew) was christened by me and it was also a winner in one of the cookery contests, that I took part. I came to know about this sweet from my friend ,Suganthi nearly 20yrs back
Cashew - 1/4 cup
Sugar -1 cup
Grated Coconut- 1 cup
Ghee - 1/2 cup
Milk - 1 1/4 cups
Time taken - 20 min
Finished Product - 425 gms
1. Grease a tray with ghee and keep it aside.
2. Powder the cashew. If the grated coconut is coarse, grind in the mixi for a few seconds.
3. Transfer the cashew , coconut , milk and sugar to a thick bottomed vessel, preferably a non-stick pan.Keep it on the stove and keep on stirring.
4. When the mixture starts thickening, add the ghee little by little. keep on stirring.
5. When the mixture starts further thickening reduce the flame. The mixture starts leaving the sides of the vessel.
6. Then the Mysorepak consistency is reached. That is the mixture from its soft texture starts turning coarse and porous.
7. Transfer the contents to the greased tray. When it is little cooled cut into desired shapes. Unlike the other milk, cashew sweets this sweet stays for a longer time as it is well cooked.