Thursday, August 14, 2014

Radish/ Mullangi Poriyal

                                    This is a nutritious dish and can be prepared easily and quickly.My mother uses Mullangi, only for Sambar and for reasons unknown, my mother in law never buys Radish.

                             It is a great blessing that my spouse is not very fussy about food. That does not make me lazy because it is difficult for me take Dosais without Chutney or Sambar, Chappathy minus the Gravy or Poori without the Poori Masala.Only one side dish earmarked for that main item is more than enough to satisfy my palates. To me, too many side dishes at the same time  do not allow me to relish any one.My spouse and children are always too happy to see their plates filled to the full.

Radish Poriyal



Ingredients :

Radish    5 to 6
Green or Red chillies   3
Oil, Mustard, Split Urad Dhal, Curry leaves
Hing, Salt
Grated coconut ( optional )

Method :

1. Heat 1 tbsp. of oil in a thick kadai, add Mustard, Urad dhal, curry leaves and later Hing
    and the chillies.Saute.

2. Then add the grated Radish and saute on a medium flame.Add salt. Sometimes, little
    water may be given out from the Radish. Saute till the raw smell leaves and the radish
    gets cooked and becomes soft.This may take 7 to 10 mins. Mix coconut, if you like.A
    simple but nutritious Poriyal is ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment