The recipe of this Ghee Rice was passed on to me by one of my friends, who has a lot of coconut trees at home. She prepares this rice often from the coconut milk. It is also very much liked by all and easy to pack.
Basmathi Rice 1 cup.
Green Chillies 3- 4
Ghee 2 tbsp.
Oil 1 tbsp.
Ginger, Garlic Paste( optional) 1/2 tsp.
Carrot, Beans, Cauliflower, Peas ( all veg. optional) 1 cup
Coconut Milk 2 cup
Cashew 1 tbsp.
Cinnamon, Cloves, Cardamom, Bay Leaf, Coriander Leaves.
1. Take 1 cup of grated coconut and take 2 extracts of milk by adding 1 cup of water, each time. sThe coconut milk must be 2 cups.
2. Soak the rice in water for 15 mins.
3. Heat the Ghee and oil in a small cooker, add the Bay Leaf, Cinnamon, Cloves
and Cardamom. Add the onions and sauté well. Add The Ginger, Garlic Paste. Saute.
4. Then add the vegetables and salt. Saute. Add the Rice and stir well.
Adding Ginger, Garlic Paste and vegetables for Ghee Rice is purely optional.
5. Add the coconut milk and salt. Mix well. Close the lid. Reduce the flame after 2 whistles and simmer for 3 mins. Open, mix the Coriander leaves and the roasted cashew.The tasty Ghee Rice is ready.